She is finally coming around and starting to enjoy tummy time. Up until yesterday, I'd put her on her tummy and she'd work at it for about 1-2 minutes and then start screaming. She hated it! Then yesterday it's like a light went off and she realized it wasn't so bad and may actually be fun. She was so excited when she reached out and grabbed the fish...she decided to try to eat it, of course. Then, she was trying to roll over and she almost had it several times and was getting frustrated, so I gave her a little nudge and she rolled right over. The look on her face was so funny...kind of like, "Hey, what just happened? That was fun!" I'm sure she'll do it all by herself in the next day or so. We put her exersaucer together a few days ago and she's still kind of unstable in it because she has short legs like me and can just barely tippy toe reach the bottom even on the lowest setting, so I decided to put her in it backwards because the back of the seat is higher than the front and she could lean into it better, and she really liked that. She was facinated with her reflection in the mirror, as all babies are. It's funny how even the smallest things are so awesome to watch them discover as a mother. There's so much to see, learn, and do in the first few years of life. It's such a special time. I'm loving it all over again!
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
Play time
She is finally coming around and starting to enjoy tummy time. Up until yesterday, I'd put her on her tummy and she'd work at it for about 1-2 minutes and then start screaming. She hated it! Then yesterday it's like a light went off and she realized it wasn't so bad and may actually be fun. She was so excited when she reached out and grabbed the fish...she decided to try to eat it, of course. Then, she was trying to roll over and she almost had it several times and was getting frustrated, so I gave her a little nudge and she rolled right over. The look on her face was so funny...kind of like, "Hey, what just happened? That was fun!" I'm sure she'll do it all by herself in the next day or so. We put her exersaucer together a few days ago and she's still kind of unstable in it because she has short legs like me and can just barely tippy toe reach the bottom even on the lowest setting, so I decided to put her in it backwards because the back of the seat is higher than the front and she could lean into it better, and she really liked that. She was facinated with her reflection in the mirror, as all babies are. It's funny how even the smallest things are so awesome to watch them discover as a mother. There's so much to see, learn, and do in the first few years of life. It's such a special time. I'm loving it all over again!





