
We grilled out today...hamburgers, hot dogs, New York Strip steaks, corn-on-the-cob, and baked potatoes. We had a good family day. I got that picture of my boy and I to show how tall he is next to me (don't ask me what's up with that goofy smile). Of course, I see how much more weight I have to lose, but I'm slowly chipping away and, despite how far I have to go, I'm pleased with my progress so far. Caught Daddy grilling with his apron...he really enjoys cooking outside and he honestly cooks the best grilled steaks I've ever eaten. Oh, and we celebrated our 11th anniversary yesterday. We went to a restaurant here called California Dreaming. It was very yummy! (-:
We went to church this morning and, along with the Memorial Day Service, heard a great sermon on Philippians 3:1-14, which was a continuation of last week's sermon. It all has to do with "Clarifying Your Purpose" and appreciating "What Matters Most." If you know me, you know I'm not one to preach to people, but if you have never read and ponder anything in the Bible, read this scripture. This is our pastor's favorite scripture, and for good reason. It really goes to the root of our faith. I won't go in depth here, but if you get a few minutes...read it...ponder it. It may just give you a new perspective and appreciation for the meaning of your life. More and more each day, I think I'm learning what my purpose is...I hope you can do the same. (-: It's all good!





