After much personal debate and indecision, I finally concluded that I would go ahead and get Chana's ears pierced. It is a very personal decision, and for me, it was definitely not an easy one! From the day I found out I was pregnant with a girl I started thinking about it. When I was pregnant I went from yes, to no, to yes, to no...I ended on no as of the time she was born. Then when she got here I started thinking....weeelllll, maybe I will. My dad wouldn't let me get my ears pierced until I was 11 and, honestly, I really resented that! So, I knew I wouldn't wait that long. Then I started thinking I'd just let her ask me for them so it was her choice...many different various debates went through my head over this! Well, they do ear piercing at her pediatrician's office, so I inquired about it when she was 2 months old. They do it for $50, and while that's much more than you'd pay somewhere at the mall, it just felt safer to me. However, they won't do it until they're 6 months old so they're first sets of immunizations can protect them. So, that gave me 4 more months to really think about it and I decided to also poll other moms of girls of all ages to get different schools of thought. Those who had done it when they were babies had no regrets and, more often than not, the ones who decided not to do it when they were babies said they wished they had, for one reason or another. So I decided that we'd go for it and by the time I made that decision, I felt very comfortable about doing it. She did great! After the nurse let me mark her ears (about 8 times!), she pierced them. She did the first one and Chana just cried for a few seconds. Before she had the second earring ready to go, she'd stopped crying. Then, she pierced the second ear and she only cried for about 30 seconds. That was it. No problems since! She's totally fine. Piece of cake. I'm relieved that it all went so well....and she looks so cute! Oh, and these earrings are only the temporary plastic ones they put in with the gun. The nurse said to leave them in 2 months and then I can change them to my choice...baby screw back ones, of course...and 14K gold. I already bought them! Girls are SO much fun to shop for...it's AWESOME!





