I haven't abandoned my blog! We took a spur of the moment trip to the Coosawattee River here in Georgia with my brother and his girlfriend for 4 days this past week/weekend. They made a last minute trip to see us, so we rented a cabin right on the river and went tubing. It was a lot of fun. Geza and I took turns tubing. Me, Evan, Justin, and Jamie went on what we thought was going to be about a 2 hour float and ended up tubing for 5 hours! We made it to our car just as a storm was moving in, thankfully! I had put sunscreen on Evan, but didn't get his thighs, so they got a little burned. I wore light spf sunscreen, but not much since we weren't supposed to be out more than 2 hours and it was overcast when we left our cabin...well, 5 hours later and my legs were pretty pink, but I didn't get fried, thank God! Geza and Evan went tubing one morning by themselves and Geza heard Evan say, "DADDY!" and he turned to see Evan's arm extended up and out to the side of him and saw a snake flying through the air! There was a snake and 1 1/2 feet long in his tube! Thankfully it didn't bite him...and that I wasn't there or I'd have had a heart attack. Poor kid...when we were in Tennessee driving through Cade's Cove, a huge locust flew in the window and landed on him and he started screaming like crazy and then laughing hysterically...he said, "a huge bug with big red eyes just landed on my shoulder and I threw it out the window!" We figured out it was a locust after we stopped for pictures and they were everywhere! Anyway, he gets every kind of critter on him when we go places...at least he can laugh about it, I guess. OF COURSE, I forgot the darn memory card for my camera again...so, Geza bought a waterproof disposable camera that we'll have to get developed soon...so no pictures right now. Sorry.
I've also been eBay crazy. I had mentioned in an earlier post that I created my first auctions. Well, I ended up making about $120 on stuff just laying around, so now I'm preparing to list some vintage toys that were in the attic of this house when we moved in...they're from the 70s and 80s...even a couple from the 60s, so it'll be fun to see how much I can make off of those! I'll also be listing some baby clothes and vintage Garbage Pail Kids cards from the 80s. I remember my brother used to collect those. So, anyway, I've spent all the money I made on stuff for Chana. (-: I really need to consider some new clothes for me soon, but it's so much more fun shopping for her!





