
SHOPPING...YAY! I just have to brag on how good my kids both were today and the great deals I found. The mall for 4 hours with no meltdowns or whining to get some junk toy and no poopy diapers! We went to the mall to shop for school shoes and a backpack for Evan. The poor child is cursed with my feet...wide with a high instep...it's a nightmare to find shoes that he both likes and that don't hurt his feet, which is why he hates shopping! Anyway, we ended up finding shoes that fit him perfectly at Stride Rite. We haven't shopped for shoes there for him in years...I really went in there just to peek at baby shoes. He got a 4 extra-wide. That's the only store I know of that makes extra-wide...awesome, because the wides were too tight across the top of his feet. Needless to say, I was very grateful for the awesome ladies who took time in there to actually help us...happily! Very, very rare these days. Anyway, the best part is they were on sale for $19.99!
Then, we found him a backpack at the Adidas store...he loves it because it's just mostly blue with black and grey accents and no cartoons or whatever. He's going into third grade you know...none of that baby stuff! I've learned not to buy him cheap backpacks from Target or Wal-Mart because he's really rough on them and they're all ripped up by mid-year. Got a great deal on this one...normally $45 for $24!
Of course, I couldn't get out of there without an outfit for my sweet girl! It's for the fall, but it's a little short sleeve sweater with one of those short cardigans and comfy cotton pants with a cute print. I found them at The Children's Place...normally the whole outfit would've been $40.50, but I only paid $5.97! I love getting good deals! Especially on good kids stuff since they outgrow stuff so fast!
We ate lunch at Johnny Rockets and then we went to this neat little place where Evan and I did slot car races. It was so much fun! He won the first one and I won the rest, only because he kept wrecking his car! It was funny...he loved it and can't wait to go back with Daddy.
Well, doody now calls!





