

While we were in Florida, Chana and I went to Wanda's house in Rockledge. She's my second cousin. Her dad, Uncle Leland, is my grandpa's brother and the last living child of my great-grandparents. Chana is named after my great-grandmother. Wanda gave me these pictures. The baby and woman is my great-grandmother, Chana, as a baby with her mother, my great-great grandmother, Della. The other is of her and my great-grandpa. They were affectionately known by all as Mama and Daddy Harrell, which is how I've always heard of them. I think the one of her as a baby is such a neat picture. Look at the dress her mother was wearing and notice the baby dolls and the kitten...isn't that sweet? Wanda also has a daughter named Chana, so it was extra special for her to meet my Chana.
I got a picture of Uncle Leland holding her, but forgot to get one of Wanda with her. )-:





We visited the Georgianna Cemetary in Merritt Island where Mama and Daddy Harrell are buried. It's a small, old cemetary where several relatives are buried. I took a picture of the view looking into it because of all the old trees with spanish moss hanging down. I think it's pretty. I also took a picture of the old Georgianna Church that's across and just down the street from the cemetary, along with a shot of the historical marker. I love their headstone because it has the family tree on the back. I think everyone should do that, what a great idea.






