I finally made time to get my computer fixed and I'm back online. But, WOW does life have me in a whirlwind! I am going to work on updating the blog as best I can to bring you up to speed on all the craziness in our home these days!
A brief update, I'm sure most of you are aware that our 3rd addition made his debut on Monday, November 16, 2009, at 10:33 a.m. He weighed in at a healthy 8 lbs., 2 ozs. He is a beautiful, sweet and gentle natured little boy and we are thrilled that he is here. His entrance into the world was a bit dramatic. While I was in labor and nearing being fully dialated, his heart rate started showing some dips. I was not initially too scared b/c this had happened with my other 2 a little as well. However, by the time I was fully dialated, his heart rate was completely disappearing off of the monitor, which was scaring me half to death! I could see fear on the doctor's face also...not a good feeling. But, he and the nurses were all trying to maintain calm composure so they didn't scare me...but, they had me practically laying on my stomach and twisting and turning every which way to make his heart rate come back. It would work for a minute, but with each contraction it would keep happening. He had me push a few times just to see what would happen and it was more of the same, so he put his hand on my knee and said, "Honey, I'm sorry, but we need to do a c-section." I was more than ready for it by that point because I was almost in a full blown panic. So once I said okay, all hell broke loose in the room...people were running in from everywhere, nurses, anesthesiologist, etc. I got a shot somewhere around my shoulder, I think, almost immediately so they could stop my contractions, they had me signing consent forms, they were pumping tons of meds into my epidural, they had Geza getting suited up in scrubs and the whole bit. It was really, really scary. They rushed me out of the room I was in and into the operating room, and I must say that the way they set it all up in the matter of just a few minutes was nothing short of military precision. Did I mention I was panicked....scared....FREAKED OUT!? The anesthesiologist was awesome though, he kept talking to me and telling me everything that they were doing and even rubbing my head to calm me down. So, long story short, I went in thinking I was going to have a natural delivery and ended up having an emergency c-section. As it turned out, Colin's cord was wrapped all around his body, so there was no way he was coming out normally. If I'd have given birth to him 100 years ago, he would've very likely died. Praise God for modern medicine! So, now to his name...we had planned on naming him Colin William originally, but as it turned out, he was born on his grandmother's birthday! SOOO, to honor her, we named him Colin Joseph after her middle name of Josephine. (-: This thrilled her to pieces, which made Geza and I so happy to be able to do.
Chana will be turning 2 on the 15th of this month and then Colin will be 3 months on the 16th. CRAZINESS! I can't believe how the time has flown. I also can't believe how busy I am! Good grief, I knew that having 2 under 2, and a 9 year old who requires a lot of attention in different ways, would have it's challenges, but holy cow! It is so sweet to see them all together, though, and the blessings that abound each day are beyond anything I ever thought I'd experience in my life. Less than 3 years ago we thought we weren't going to ever be able to have any more babies and now we are a family of 5...that still hasn't fully sunk into my thick skull yet! God is bigger than any understanding I will ever have...all I have to do is look at my 3 healthy kids to know that!
Look for updates soon and pictures, too. Until then, the latest on the kids is...Evan is doing great in school and will be starting back with spring baseball soon and Geza will be assistant coach again...Chana is learning a wide range of things lately (shapes, colors, numbers, animal sounds, etc.) which is so cute (yesterday morning she woke up and said, "Mommy, the owl says 'eewww, eewww'" which cracked me up), and she also LOVES music and is constantly singing (old mcdonald is a favorite) and dancing to just about anything, she loves to strip naked sometimes, especially when I try to workout for some reason (I'm desperately trying to reclaim my body after sharing it as an incubator for the last few years...LOL), and she is also beginning to prove to me what all of my mommy friends of girls have warned me about...she has begun to whine about everything and is VERY sensitive! She is SUCH a GIRL! My mom is loving the payback, I'm sure! ha ha... Finally, Colin has been smiling since 5 weeks and is just plain sweet, but much to my delight, tonight when I gave him a bath he was kicking and splashing and cooing and suddenly busted out laughing! He laughed out loud for the first time today...BIG ole belly laugh right off the bat! Oh, he's going to be a good laugher, I can tell....my happy, sweet natured boy. Awww.........





