Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Rice Cereal Experience...





Chana had her 4 month well-baby visit today and she's healthy and doing well. She weighed 15 lbs. 14 ozs. (88%) and is 25 1/4" long (81%). She started rice cereal and hasn't quite decided what to think about it. She opens her mouth for it, so she's definitely interested, but she's trying to figure out the texture, I think. Of course, she spits it out and it goes back in, and out, and in, and out several times and she wants to put her hands in her mouth and rub it in her face and hair. Obviously you can see by the pictures that I forgot to put her bib on at first...yeah, I remembered she needed that real quick! Thanks to seeing Brook's blog yesterday, I remembered to bring my camera for a picture of Chana with her pediatrician, Dr. Christian Messick. He is the BEST....love, love, love him. He's so good with my kids. There are 2 female doctors in the practice with him, which I may take Chana to when she's bigger, but I like him the best, so she'll see him for now. Evan loves him. She cried for about 5 minutes about her shots, but then she fell sound asleep. I'm hoping that's the end of it. Last time she was fussy for about 1/2 a day and night and that was it, beside a slight fever (99). Keep your fingers crossed for us!