Sunday, June 6, 2010

We found a house!



After a fast and furious few days of house hunting (and of course several months of online shopping), we found a house. This house is in a neighborhood with "Farms" as part of the name, so the houses are styled accordingly. This house sort of looks like a barn from the outside. We almost settled on a house that was about 3 years old and was super fancy, but it was about $80,000 more than we are paying for this one, so we decided we'd be happier with the more economical choice 1) because little kids tear things up, so we'll wait for "fancy" when they are older, and 2) with less house payment we can still take vacations and pay for all of the kids extra-curricular activities without being strapped. I'm all about that! This house was built in 1990, but it has a brand new air conditioner and a brand new roof (replaced in April). It also has fresh indoor and outdoor paint. The kitchen has all new appliances, which they are leaving, including the refrigerator. I am happy we will have an extra fridge in the garage (our current one)...we need it! They agreed to leave us their patio furniture, outdoor hoses, etc. and will provide us with warranties for the roof and HVAC and replace any rotten wood found on the house (which we personally found a few spots, but are waiting for inspection to confirm). Anyway, I took several pictures to share. The current owners are still living in the house, so this is all of their furniture, etc., but you can get an idea of what it's like anyway. It's almost 1/2 acre and I am excited that it's a 1 story/ranch house...I am so tired of stairs! I love the lanai. We will be having it screened in and are considering having a pool added at some point. Anyway, now we're trying to finish all the things we need to finish at our current house so we can have an appraisal done and get it listed for sale. We hope to move in July sometime, but I don't know exactly when just yet. Keep us in your prayers...this is a trying time!