

My title is to the tune of the Veggie Tales song that is ringing in my head, which I don't know the name of, but it says something about first day in the first grade and on and on... aaaannnnyyyyway!!!! Just wanted to post a few pics from Evan's first day leaving for school. He started at a brand new elementary school this year as our neighborhood was re-districted to this new school. It is a 2 story elementary! It's HUGE, but he is loving it and is highly impressed by the computer labs with wireless internet laptops! I honestly think that his school is almost as big as the high school I graduated from...which isn't saying much for my high school, but it tells you how large it is for an elementary. So far he's enjoying his teachers. He is still in the gifted program and was also just placed in Advanced Math and Reading classes, which he is loving so far. It's nice to see more challenging spelling words coming home from the Advanced Reading class. I was always disappointed by the spelling words given in his homeroom classes...too easy for a kid who started reading at 2! I am so happy that he is blessed with a beautiful mind. He never ceases to amaze me with the gifts God has given him. Of course, I know that no one likes to really hear others bragging about their kids, but hey, I figure if you're reading my blog, you care about what's happening in our life, so don't take it like bragging...just sharing. I hate braggers...with a passion....it's a HUGE peeve of mine!
Please pray for my mom, she has been in the hospital for the past week...first a blood transfusion for chronic anemia and now she has pneumonia. Her blood oxygen saturation was 85 as of yesterday. It's breaking my heart that I can't go visit her in the hospital. I'm starting my 7th month of pregnancy now, so flying is not a wise decision and neither is long distance travel by car, not to mention my 2 other kids who need me while Daddy works. I am just putting all my faith in the Lord and praying for her healing and speedy recovery. I would love nothing more than for her to come spend a month with us when baby Colin arrives. She helped us so much when Chana was born, so that would be awesome, but mostly I want to share this special time with her. Again, please keep her in your prayers....





