Saturday, August 1, 2009

Fun Day





We had a fun day with friends at Chuck E. Cheese's a couple of weeks ago for Evan's birthday. Of course, Evan didn't stay still long enough for me to get his picture, but I did manage to get a couple of cute pics of Chana playing, so thought I'd add them here. Hopefully, I'll have some new stuff to share soon...I've been pretty burned out with picture taking lately, so look for a surge soon b/c that's how I seem to operate.

On another note, we've been steadily working on converting our guest room into baby Colin's room. It's been a huge undertaking to clean out the closet in there and to totally go through Evan's room also, because we gave Evan the queen-sized bed out of the guest room and had to do some major re-arranging and weeding out of old junk. Evan picked out new bedding for the queen bed and we are still working on getting everything just so in there, all the while we are storing things from the guest room closet in the attic or other areas of the house to make room for Colin. It's amazing all the stuff you collect over the course of a 15-year relationship! We have thrown away tons of stuff and it feels awesome to be rid of it! Out with the old, in with the new...happily! Once we get Colin's room organized so that we can paint, that will be the next step...painting! We have it down to 3 paint samples now and I'm still wishy washy about them. I may make another trip to Home Depot for some new color ideas. I've learned over the years of painting many, many rooms in different houses just how picky I am about these things and how easy it is to pick the wrong color! So, it literally takes me weeks to make a final color decision, after looking at different color samples taped to the wall in different light (morning, noon, night). So, annnnyway...I'm looking forward to sharing the final baby room pictures...of course, we still have to buy his furniture, but that can happen pretty quickly after we prepare the room! It's all the prep work that's the hard part.

I am also working on a quilt for Colin...well, actually 2! I had started one to give as a gift a few years ago and never finished it, so I found it while cleaning out the guest room (which was also my sewing room)...so he's lucky that he's getting 2...it's already pinned together and ready for me to start quilting it! The one with the fabric I picked for him is also pinned and ready to be quilted. So, as you can see...I'm busy nesting and working on lots of baby projects! It is fun preparing for a new life. I'm loving it. I don't know why people lose interest in preparing for babies after their first...each one of mine has felt like my first. I want each one to have the same care as the others because I love them all the same!