Monday, July 13, 2009

Baseball Update and Florida Trip


The boys played hard in the state tournament. They came in 7th out of the 16 teams that made it to state. The games they lost were truly off days and I think they should've won them, but, well, we all have off days. Overall I think they played very well! A team from Newton County ended up winning the tournament.










After all the excitement of baseball, we were all ready for some R & R, so we headed to Florida to visit my sister and her family. The kids enjoyed playing with their cousins and it was nice to catch up and just hang out and visit. I really needed the break...so I didn't take any pictures at all! How liberating! Just kidding...I wanted to have pictures, but I didn't have any desire to take them, so I just didn't! We stopped as a half way mark in Savannah break the drive up, which made it perfect. I want to go back to Savannah just to take pictures of the historic buildings and beautiful old trees. Actually, I did take these ship pictures from our hotel room on the Savannah River of a huge ship passing right by our window! It was incredible to me to see it up close and how MUCH stuff they carry! But, these are the only pic I took...I went on strike after that. (-: