Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chana's First Campout/Slumber Party






Call us unconventional...that's what we are! We set up our huge tent in the middle of our living room this weekend and had a blast with our kids! Chana absolutely LOVES the tent. She literally screamed with sheer joy for about 30-45 minutes!!! I'd scream...she'd scream...I'd scream a little louder...she'd scream a little louder...and on and on we went. It was adorable and hysterical.






Of course, Evan being a scout, loves camping (the real deal and our "faux" campout in the living room)...Daddy loves it, too...and me, being the Tom Boy that I always have been, well, I love it, too! I didn't get as many pictures as I'd have liked to because we were having so much fun, but here are a few. And, yes, since she liked it so much, it's still set up in the living room. LOL!! Supposedly we'll be taking it down tonight, but I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be up all week, so I may get more pictures afterall! Chana's just having too much fun to take it down just yet. Oh, and did I mention that Matthias loves the tent, too?! So funny. (-:

I seriously doubt my mother would've allowed me to set up a giant tent in the living room! HAHA! But, I'm pretty positive that my sweet mother-in-law, however, would've totally let my hubby do it...and she would've even slept in there with him if he wanted her to. Not saying my mom isn't sweet, I just know she would've said, "HECK no you're not setting that big ole thing up in my living room!" However, she did let us build "tents" with the kitchen chairs and blankets sometimes...just not in the living room!
I did manage to make an extra, extra cushy pallet that actually wasn't too bad on my back, so that was great...I got to enjoy it as well!