Thursday, September 25, 2008

New Beginnings...

Well, I talked to Mom yesterday and she finally has electricity! She called me all excited..."Guess what I'm doing?!" So she tries to let me hear something over her cell phone, which you know you can never hear anything clearly that way. So I told her just tell me what it is...LAUNDRY! That was her way of telling me the lights were back on. Seems crazy to be excited about laundry, but after nearly 2 weeks of living in the dark, I guess it really, really is!

As for me, I got the results of my MRI...a herniated disk. Lovely. So, I am going to have a procedure done next Friday, Oct. 3 (don't ask me to say the technical name) that will hopefully give me some relief. Basically, it's an epidural of steroids. They said that it is guided by x-ray or something like that so they can watch the needle go into the exact nerves that are the source of my pain. Sounds scary to me, but I've had 2 epidurals from having my babies and I lived, so it can't be much worse (I HOPE!). I just hope it actually works. They say sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. We shall see.

I had to miss my first bible study class last week (The Amazing Collection class I'm taking at our church on Wednesday mornings) because of my back issues. So, yesterday morning I did make it. It was very hard for me to sit in that hard chair (I'll be bringing a pillow to sit on next week), but I REALLY loved the class. The women are amazing, our Associate Pastor (a woman) is leading the class, and it is teaching me so much already! We're studying the first 5 books of the Bible this semester, which are known as The Pentateuch...Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy. The way it's presented is so intriguing, so I'm loving it already. I immediately came home and got on eBay and purchased a new study bible. I'm very excited for it to come in. It's a New Living Translation Life Application Study Bible...fancy too, it is indexed, has large print, is leather bound, is a red letter edition, and it comes with software! It retails for $89.99, but I got it on eBay for $57.95 plus shipping. Not a giant savings, but every little bit helps! I've never had a Bible like it, so I can't wait for it to come in so I can get started. I have a King James Bible now, and it's a little hard for me to understand at times. I'm looking forward to making friends with the women in my class. About half of them are at least 40 years older than me, but the other half are within 5-10 years of my age, so it's awesome to have that mix. I love having the wisdom of the older women...they have so much to offer. Most of them are widows, so they have a lot of love to give, which is just awesome. (-:

Last but not least...I have been a lifetime member of Weight Watchers for about 6-7 years, but I've been way off the wagon for about 3 years of that! Anyway, I was doing it at home by myself for a few months after Chana was born and got some of my weight off, but fell off the wagon again, SOOO, I've just got to bite the bullet and do what I KNOW works...go to meetings. Today is my first meeting day. I'm going to the 9:15 a.m. Mom and Me meeting. I went grocery shopping yesterday and stocked my pantry and fridge with $217 worth of Weight Watchers friendly stuff so I can have a clean slate to help me have a great start. Now, I just need my back to stop hurting so I can start doing my Wii Fit again! It works! It's awesome! I totally love it, but I just can't do it right now...but, I can control what I put in my mouth! So, here's to new beginnings........XOXO