This has been one heck of a year...the journey to remember.
As I mentioned, we moved in to our new home, but the getting settled has been delayed...of course...why would I have EVER expected otherwise?!?!?! So, my sister, Dawn, and her girls came and spent the week with us after we moved in so we could get our running around done. So, 2 weeks ago today, she and the girls loaded up their van to go home. They were ready to head out, but my van was parked behind them, so I went out to the driveway to move the van. As you may or may not recall, I had right ankle surgery when Evan was 3 years old...I have weak ankles and my right ankle had twisted and broke while leaving a friends house, so I had the surgery to repair and strengthen it. Well, my left ankle is equally weak and will just twist without warning. So, I'm walking out to move my van from behind hers so she could leave and out of the blue, my left ankle twisted and I fell to my hands and knees. Well, more weight went on my left hand and the impact caused me to break/fracture my left elbow...the radial head in my elbow, to be exact. Apparently, this is the most common elbow break. SO, Dawn took me to an urgent care doctor just a few miles from the house...they xrayed it, identified the fracture and put me in a splint and sling for 2 weeks. FUN! Fortunately, I have a wonderful sister and nieces who love us very much. She came back to the house, made some phone calls to rearrange her schedule and stayed! The kids played really well together through the whole visit...until Monday and Tuesday. Her youngest, Trinity, and Chana share the same birthday and are exactly 2 years apart. They started really not getting along and Chana was having issues with hitting and scratching. It just got to be too much togetherness and we had to make alternative arrangements AGAIN! Her oldest, Katelyn, is 18 and has lots of "Mommy" experience with her 3 younger sisters. So, Katelyn stayed and Dawn and the other 3 girls went home. She was such a sweetheart...she did dishes, changed diapers, gave baths...she helped me tremendously! So, THEN...on Friday last week, Colin was just really not feeling well and had a fever, so I took him to the doctor and he has an ear infection...then, Geza went out of town on Tuesday and, of course, Chana started running a high fever Monday night. I took her to the doctor Wednesday after she ran almost 103 fever for 2 days only to discover she has strep throat. Yeah...tell me about it! Geza came home Thursday (yesterday) and I met Dawn halfway on the Turnpike with Katelyn so she could go home. I was supposed to go to the doctor for a follow-up today, but I didn't have time with taking care of sick babies. My elbow is very sore and still has a feeling of being "dislocated" even though the xrays showed it isn't dislocated, but it has improved. I will go to the doctor on Monday. The doctor already told me I will have to do some physical therapy...which, I already told him that I'll just have to be taught what to do at home because I don't have time for physical therapy appointments! Mom's coming to see me on August 17th for 2 weeks. I was supposed to be going to my family reunion tomorrow, but...well, as you can see, I'm not going to be able to go. Bummer. I guess God is working in mysterious ways to make me the strongest woman in the universe, but I wish he'd show me a little mercy now. The move was really hard, too. The movers were terrible. Broke stuff, stole stuff...you name it.
This is all over the place with random updates, but this is why you haven't heard an update sooner after our move-in. Stay tuned.............................





